Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Major Fatigue


The Dr visit went okay; better than expected, actually. I knew that I would get a liter of fluids and was hoping for something to control the gas that came on after this round of chemo. I was anxious about the white blood count as I was feeling so lethargic. Dr started antibiotics for 5 days. The wbc was actually better than it was last week. So that’s a good sign. The red blood count has been down for several weeks and was down again this week; however it was slightly better than last week. My blood pressure was 82/61. Well, no wonder I have no energy…maybe the lack of bp is why I can’t make it from chair A to chair B without a nap.

The drug for gas worked. And the fluids always result in an immediate good feeling. We were able to stop by Rockfish for dinner on our way home. Even though we felt like we were getting away from the oncology clinic really late we were ahead of the dinner crowd at the restaurant. The fish soup was light and really good. The special was sea bass, my favorite fish, with sautéed baby spinach and mushroom risotto. I was so glad we stopped there for dinner.

Sometimes I sleep most of the night after getting fluids [except for the bathroom trips] but last night was a “no sleep” night. By I did get to sleep and slept 4 hours. Today has been another fatigue day. Fortunately the cleaning crew doesn’t care if I’m too tired to even open the door. They just clean around me where ever I’m crashed.  Domino and I napped an hour or so this afternoon while it was raining. Maybe tonight I’ll sleep.

“The fatigue is cumulative” so this is going to get worse before it gets better. O, well, I can read now so it isn’t as bad as it could be. And I’m really hoping that I can have a few days in the sewing room again. I have it set up to use seated…just roll the chair from the machine to iron to cutting table. Actually I could roll over to the bathroom door!!! So I just need to have enough energy to think and sew at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment