Sunday, December 12, 2010

Do bald people need shampoo?

Dec 12 2010    Do bald people need shampoo?

Let’s think about this logically. Several weeks ago when I had hair I used shampoo and a conditioner. Then the chemo hit the hair follicles and I lost bunches of hair so Barbara sheared my head down to about a ¼” buzz job. I continued to use shampoo and conditioner on my remaining hair when I showered. Today most of the hair stubble is gone…well, all the dark hairs are gone and white ones don’t amount to much. So as I’m standing in the shower, shampooing my bald nob, I wondered “Why?” The purpose of shampoo is to clean hair of oils and air pollution and whatever. I use soap or body wash to clean my skin. Now that my head is a “hair free zone” do I clean it with shampoo out of respect to the empty or dormant follicles? Or do I use body wash since there is no hair calling for the use of a shampoo? I just don’t know. What do you think?

This is another really good day. I’m feeling good and glad to be indoors as it is very cold outside. I enjoy watching football games when they are played outdoors, in bad weather and on real grass. This is a good day for such games. So I’m going to bundle up by the fireplace and zone out on mindless games.

Tomorrow is an oncology clinic day for Dr visit and to get fluids. Fluids always help.

2 comments:

  1. I think bald people should use a cleanser but not necessarily a volumizing or highlight activating shampoo ;-) But is the skin on the head more sensitive? Should you use face soap or body wash? Questions, questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's a matter of caring for your scalp in whatever way your skin beckons. If your scalp is looking dry, then perhaps a baby shampoo would be the way to go. If it's fine, then I'd go with whatever smells the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete