Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year in the slow lane

New Year in the slow lane

This is the 3rd week post chemo infusion so I feel pretty good.  And as an added bonus I have slept through the night TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW. Believe me, this is a big deal.

Maybe I’m just “easing” into the New Year. Maybe I’m going into the New Year sideways. Whatever! I’m going forward with no particular plan beyond meeting my chemo schedule and staying healthy enough to get into radiation on time. I have no reservations in my American Airlines website. I have no hotel reservations booked. I have no sewing classes planned. Just a chemo schedule.

I was important to me to have my sister Barbara and her girls and husbands and grandson come over here for a holiday get-to-gather while Katherine was home and Carolyn and Dylan could come. I want the girls to stay connected with each other. They will need each other as time goes by. And the guys may need to be their own support group as well. It is best that they start now. Barbara brought pastries and I made the Pecan Sausage Breakfast dish that Mary Ann made for us last month. It was all very easy and meant so much to me to be able to hostess something for the kids. Will is 3 years old and just perfect. He enjoyed playing with the [antique] Fisher Price barn and school house that survived the girl’s childhoods and countless moves.   

Tomorrow will be another trip to the infusion clinic for fluids. Then it will be time to get Katherine to the airport for her flight back to SFO. I hope I can go to the airport this time. It nearly killed me to have to stay home while Evan took her to the airport in Nov. but I was too sick to ride that far. Since this is week 3 maybe I can make the airport trip this time. I wish I had a schedule for my next trip to visit her in Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment