Friday, December 17, 2010

Ms Santa is in her workshop!!!

Dec 17 2010         Ms Santa is in her workshop!!!

O, what a fun day!! I spent most of the day in the sewing room creating unique gifts that I can’t talk about here because the kids read this blog. It doesn’t take much to make me happy…just a dedicated hobby room with tons of specialty toys and shelves overflowing with “resources” and “potential gifts” plus a few other things that I’ve forgotten why I purchased “that” but it must have been a good idea at the time.

Chemo brain has been a big concern for me. Chemo does kill brain cells and I don’t have any brain cells to spare. The first 2 rounds of chemo have been both physically and mentally difficult. I could not focus sufficiently to read books until this past week. What a relief to be able to read books again! Today I felt physically good enough to sew and have been able to design and execute projects without patterns. I’m declaring this to be a good sign. It is too soon to tell but I may have not lost too many cells SO FAR.

My friend Joan came by today with 4 wrapped packages for me. I LOVE WRAPPED PACKAGES!! Joan is out of town next week when I have chemo 3 and she wanted me to have presents to cheer me up if I’m having a bad day. How sweet is that!!! To make it even more fun, she says that 2 of the presents I may not know what the items are even after I open them!!! What has she found for me????? Stay tuned because the bad days are not very far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment