Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas plus 1 day


I’ve never done so little to get ready for Christmas in my LIFE!! Evan did all the decorating and grocery shopping. Carolyn and Dylan helped get dinner ready and cleaned up. I did what little shopping I managed on Amazon.com and Macy.com. That worked well enough.

Natalie sent us a wonderful treat: Georgetown Cupcakes. This is a great assortment of beautifully decorated and extremely tasty cupcakes perfectly packaged for shipping long distances. I’ve seen these fancy cupcakes on the Food Network being delivered through East Coast cities. Now that we have tasted them we KNOW why they are all the rage!!We treated ourselves to cupcakes on Christmas eve and again on Christmas day. How fun! Natalie, thank you for sharing! http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/

Dylan and Carolyn came with wine and dessert for Christmas day. Carolyn discovered Sticky Toffee Pudding cakes when she was in London and found an outlet in Austin that makes these GREAT little cakes. http://stickytoffeepuddingcompany.com/  Here’s the web site should you like something a bit different for a treat. Now that was a great idea and more fun than what ever we had planned for dessert.

We had a brown Christmas…little/no wrapping paper. And some of the packages had presents for multiple people in the same package. Organization minus. It just happened. However, the presents were still appreciated!!! Isn’t that the point?

So to keep things super simple we decided to have steak and baked potatoes for dinner. And a couple bottles of wine. It was cold outside and Evan had to go in and out several times working the grill. Carolyn and Dylan set up the table and did all the extra work. I sat in the chair and helped them find things. Great steaks!! So after stuffing ourselves with food we went back to the presents and finished opening even more great things.

For dessert we had special coffee and Sticky Toffee Pudding Cakes!! WOW and WOW. These things are really good!! Thank you, Carolyn, for finding this treat and sharing.

I have another pre chemo Dr appointment this week. We need to check the red blood cell count again. And I’ll get a liter of fluid. Sometimes I feel good enough after getting the fluid that we can stop by a restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner on the way home. My friend Barbara S told me about a good Thai restaurant not far from the house and I’d like to try it soon. It is important that I avoid crowded places and germy places so when we go to a restaurant it is between meal times and with antibacterial lotion and that is about the best I can do for “out and about” activity. I think we have sampled ALL the delivery restaurants within range of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment