Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHEMO 2 day 3 NOT A BAD DAY

Dec 01 2010

This is definitely a “wet noodle” day and that is about all it is, thank goodness. I am not having nausea or other issues and no mouth sores at this point. I didn’t sleep well after last night and needed two industrial strength naps today. All of a sudden a wall will come up and hit me in the face and I can barely make it to the bed. Domino knows to let me land first or he could be in trouble!!

A big difference in this round and Chemo1 is learning to manage the side effects with even more drugs and having MaryAnn here to cook and share tea and drinks with me. Of course the wonderful cookies she makes to go with the tea certainly help!! My kitchen is getting a work out and I get the benefit of the work and the friendship. Also, one of MaryAnn’s friends suggested eating ice chips 10 min before and all through the red drug infusion. And we did this and it has helped so far. Barbara added electrolyte water to my routine and that helps. And I got a liter of fluid on day 2. So far, so good.

The hot flashes continue to be a minor annoyance in the day and disturbing at night. I discovered today that when a flash hits I can just take off my skull cap and let the steam rise!!! Wonder if this will work at night? Too bad I can’t direct the heat to my feet!

The only thing I accomplished today was to schedule the repair service for the microwave which wants to go to the great recycle in the sky. To prevent the oven and refrigerator from jumping on that bandwagon I scheduled some deferred maintenance for both of them as well. The refrigerator makes ice cubes but won’t share them via the dispenser and now has decided to keep the ice water to herself as well. That is just not nice. And the oven lights don’t turn on because the bulbs are burned out. Changing the bulbs wouldn’t be a problem if the screws would turn to release the bulb covers. To do this job one needs a giant power drill with a tiny specialty screw driver blade. WHO THINKS THESE THINGS UP any way?? So in order to talk to the repair service scheduling person one has to have both the MODEL NUMBER and the SERIAL NUMBER which are conveniently located WHERE???? The numbers for the oven are located so one must stand on their head inside the oven to read the umpteen digits. On the refrigerator the numbers are located so high up that one can’t read them through the bifocal lenses and must get the ladder to see the numbers clearly. O, and I want the service person to replace the water filter which is conveniently located ON THE FLOOR where old people can easily reach in to change it after creaking down to lay flat on the floor and then try to see where to put it without the benefit of the bifocal lenses!!! IT IS A BLOOMING CONSPIRACY!!! At least it will be one service call price for all three appliances and the company takes credit cards, cash and checks. It may take all three to pay this off!!!

I’m tired of being tired and disappointed that I’m not in the sewing room having fun making Christmas presents. Sewing is not work for me; it is therapy and I need therapy. I have some wonderful fabric in there just waiting for me to make nice things. Even if I set up the workspace to be used setting down I don’t have the energy to stay upright long enough to accomplish anything at this point. Hopefully week 3 will give me a chance to make a few things, just enough to “take the edge off” and at least make me feel good.

1 comment:

  1. LOL you do still have your sense of humor. I will love continuing to read your blogs when I get home. Hopefully, we will have enough food to hold you over (with home cooking) for a while until you beef up your energy. I have so enjoyed "playing" in your kitchen and making stuff that is appreciated. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete