Tuesday, November 30, 2010

CHEMO2 Days 1 and 2

Nov 30 2010   

Yesterday was my second round of chemo and the infusion went in fairly easily. Thankfully there were no allergic reactions. Dr added a few more anti nausea meds and that seems to be helping. Carolyn came over to join us for dinner and we had a lasagna that MaryAnn had made and nice veggies and salad. Lovely.

I slept all night and got up feeling fairly well.  

This morning I felt good enough to go to the House Café for a nice breakfast. That was fun. The cleaning crew worked their magic while we out so it was a great morning. I hit a drug wall about and slept hard until time to go to the clinic for the expensive Neulasta shot and a liter of fluid. And Dr. scheduled a 2nd liter of fluid for next Monday with a prn orders fluid if I need to go for even more. Water just seems to run through me which is not a bad thing overall. It keeps me walking day and night, plus keeps the bladder flushed so the chemo drugs don’t eat away at the bladder lining. Adding the electrolyte water makes me feel better on a day to day basis so we’ll just have to see how much extra fluid I need for this cycle. Grade 3 chemo drugs are quite strong so these fluids are critical.

Having NO HAIR makes for a COLD HEAD. I need a skull cap of some sort in the house and a hat outside. Maybe wearing a cap for a while will make me more adaptive to using the wig. Today at the clinic the woman in the chair next to me had the long red/blonde streaked wig that I tried on and rejected. On her it was perfect!!! So maybe when I get to feeling better I will find a spunky wig that I can carry off.

On Chemo1 the Hell began on Day 3 so we will try to avoid going into the dumpster on this round by adding the electrolyte water, stronger anti nausea drugs, more GI preventative drugs and a medication for mouth sores. I’ve been using ice chips to hopefully avoid some of the mouth sores.

We are enjoying having MaryAnn here!!! She takes great care of me and Evan can get a multitude of errands run and gas in the cars. Domino is over his pouting because Pepper went home with Harry. I told him he would just have to get over her because he is NOT getting a sister for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment