Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1 Day Post Chemo

 Nov 9, 2011
The first day of chemo went very well, uneventful just like I had hoped. The first night post chemo was not good. Nausea ad nauseaum all night. That belch with no result, burn with no relief kind of miserable nights I had before the gods invented Prilosec/Nexium. Today I had to go back to the Oncology Clinic for the $8000 Neulasta shot and ask for more nausea drugs. We picked up a script for Zofran, $700 for 20 pills. Good Grief, Charlie Brown, this is getting expensive FAST. Thank God for Rx coverage through Aetna.

Today I got great relief after starting the Zofran and I slept most of the afternoon, a soft restful nap all by myself in a freshly cleaned house. I think the addition of weekly cleaning service is the best RX for me. I doubt if Aetna will cover any of that expense. Domino got the day off as my “sleeper helper” and spent the day at Doggie Day Care. He wasn’t the first one to arrive so had to serve as “fresh butt” for his other playmates. It takes him all morning to work his way to the top of the pack and it must be exhausting work because he slept through his favorite commercials on the TV tonight.

Tomorrow Domino goes for his monthly Spa Day at the groomer. He gets a bath, blow dry, massage, and finally a style cut. I get a hair cut periodically and Evan goes to a barber. You see where our priorities lie!!! Wonder what is in store for me tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. Sure hope Wednesday is a good day for you. I have lots of people putting in a good word to the big guy upstairs. Sending lots of hugs your way for a healthy no nausea day followed by more days of the same. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete