Sunday, November 21, 2010

post chemo 1 day 13 - mostly a good day

Nov 21 2010

So much for having a 2 day string of good days! Last night I was fine at . At a wall hit me and I headed for the bed. By I was more than nauseous. It cleared up by and I slept well the rest of the night. This is just crazy.

Barbara suggested I start on electrolyte water to help control the dehydration. We got a case at Whole Foods. The first bottle made a difference. So I will keep pumping it in. Today was a good day. That’s one in a row.

Katherine brought me some fancy moisturizing oil to help with the facial dry skin now that I’m off the premarin and on the chemo. WOW, what a difference with 1 drop of Parisian “caviar oil” worked into the skin. OK, I can do this.

This is 13 days after chemo started and about the time that my hair should begin to fall out. I haven’t noticed any hair in the shower or on the towel yet. The super short hair cut is working well for trying on hats and caps. I started looking at various pins and clips for some bling. It was nice to feel good enough to play with caps and pins.

Mathis and Anita sent new pictures of Samuel. What a treat!! It is already cold enough in Basel Switzerland that Samuel is in sweaters and leggings. And he is all bundled up for outings in the stroller. What a sweet baby!

Tomorrow is a Dr visit day. Maybe I will feel good enough to go to the grocery store afterwards. My almost sister will be on Tues to start preparing our Thanksgiving feast. We may need a few ingredients. And we need some bubbly wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment