Monday, November 22, 2010

post chemo 1 day 14 - A REALLY GOOD DAY!!!

Nov 22 2010

This was a good day, all day!! YEAH. No nausea and no extreme fatigue. And for the first time since chemo I discovered myself standing in the shower! My, my…it is the little things that count.

Today was a Dr visit day. He said my blood was “beautiful” so that was a good start. The plan is to modify some of the protocols for this next round of chemo. The chemo on Monday will be followed on Tuesday by the Neulasta shot plus a bag of fluids. Then the following Monday we will check fluids again. OK. That sounds good. And I already have a good collection of nausea pills on hand so I can be pronto with them when needed.

Barbara had encouraged use of electrolyte water and that has really helped. Dr wants to continue that so we will need to make a run to COSTCO for a few cases.  

While we can manage some side effects better this next round, there is nothing we can do about the fatigue. Dr says that the fatigue will be worse this next round and beyond. I don’t do fatigue well. How can I do what I want to do when I can’t even get from chair A to chair B? And with the attention span of a mosquito I wouldn’t get much accomplished anyway!

I am really parked on the tarmac!!!

MaryAnn and Harry will be on their way down her tomorrow and I’m so excited to have them here!!! And they are bringing their dog Pepper, a black lab. So Domino is going to have company too!! What a treat for him!!

I’m ready to enjoy this week 3 which will be the best week of the entire cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment