Saturday, November 13, 2010

Post chemo 1 day 5

Nov 13, 2010

This is 5 days post chemo 1 and I’m hanging in there. This is another good day, basically. I’m having very little bone pain and the knee joint has gotten better with pain patch and bed rest. Where is this dizziness coming from? Moving from place A to place B has to be planned so I have something to hold on to or am well balanced. This is a strange condition!!!

Katy is not having a good day today. She might be over tired from physical therapy yesterday. Kirsten will get into DFW later this pm and Evan will take her to the hospital. Katy’s b.p. is still on the high side, not worrisome, just higher than desirable. Ken is tired and stressed. I wish we could do more for him, but honestly I don’t know what it would be. If you readers think of something PLEASE let us know. We see him at breakfast and at bedtime, provide cereal in the morning and bourbon/snacks at night times. We talk during the day and that is about it. I feel helpless. I can’t go to the hospital now that chemo has started. I would like to support him every hour.

We carved out a spot for Kirsten in my sewing room. Right…..the sewing room. So you know that she will be “snug as a bug in a rug” because of all the stuff I have stashed in that room. I had to let Evan help me clear of the cutting surfaces and stuff fabric into the closets. I don’t remember the last time he ventured deep into my sanctuary. Thank goodness his Mother and Sister both had/have large fabric stashes. He might think this is “normal.” Actually Elin taught me a better word than stash for “extra” fabric….resources. I have excess resources.

It is so strange for me to need a reminder to eat!! And when I do eat I’m not hungry. This is NOT NORMAL for me. So I started charting intake just to remember to eat. I’ve ordered a big hamburger for dinner. Evan will drive thru Braum’s on the way home. Hope the burger still sounds/smells good when it arrives!!

Katherine is at the GA TECH game in Atlanta today. Last time we checked on the score TECH was not winning. O, well, she will be having fun anyway.

Domino is having a busy day. The young squirrel keeps coming back into the yard for the corn, Domino charges the squirrel, squirrel flies up tree, much barking ensues from both parties. Squirrel finally flies across the fence to get some peace and quiet. Wait an hour and repeat process. I bought this corn in IL and hauled it down here just so Domino could have dog-type fun and I could watch him having fun!! Is this dog spoiled or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment