Thursday, November 11, 2010

Post chemo 1 Day 4

Nov 11, 2010  Post chemo 1 Day 4

YEAH……..this has been a much better day!!! No nausea and no big pain. I even got up enough steam to shower and dress. That was my only accomplishment that involves exertion. Wonderful people came by with cookies and pudding. Thank you, Martha and Joan. And Julie O in Tucson is sending more cookies!! This is like Christmas!!! And when I eat the cookies I need a drink so I’m increasing my fluid intake at the same time. This is a good thing!!!

Our friend Katy got to leave ICU for a regular room today. This will be better for both of them. I got to help them a little today. They have insurance coverage through BC TN which includes medical air transport so I learned how to set that process in motion for them. The air transport flight will take Ken along with Katy to a hospital in Chattanooga. When Katy is stable enough to transport and there is a bed waiting in Chattanooga she can be moved back to her home doctors and facilities and support group. She isn’t ready to move yet and now we have to find a rehab facility here to get her ready for transport. My friend Joan and I have toured probably every rehab center in Richardson and Plano over the past few years looking for the right placements for our various parents. So we have the basic facility facts as well as site viists and just need the right match for Katy’s needs and her coverage. Finding a bed in a great place will be a job for tomorrow. Daughter Kirsten will be coming here for the weekend and checking on her parents. Kirsten has been warned that I am a not a good hostess at this point and that she will have to serve herself. It will be good to see Kirsten again. She and our youngest daughter were in church and high school together in Alexandria VA way back when.

My God-daughter is home with their new baby boy and the pictures are darling!! Vickie called today to invite us to lunch next Tuesday and I can hardly wait!! It will be a fun outing vs this oncology routine.

Katherine is in Atlanta with friends for the GA Tech game this weekend and will be coming to Dallas on Monday. She wants to make sure I’m being a compliant patient and no doubt will go over my drug regimes to make sure the Dr is on top of the latest Roche drugs. The drug claims are showing up on the computer already. Thankfully nothing has bounced yet.

This is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment