Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog 10 post chemo 1 day 8

Nov 16, 2010


I survived the fist week of chemo but not with any positive thoughts about it. Monday I went back to the Oncology center and was barely mobile. Dr said I was a liter low on fluid, WBC was low, had lost 5 pounds and I needed an antibiotic. So there I landed again, back in the infusion chair sucking up liquids via the power port. And for the mouth sores I got a great bottle numbing medicine that is fantastic. So after a few hours “hanging around the bottle,” I got some color, some energy, some life!!!

So now I know that the first week is Hell, yet I have to eat and drink anyway! That is just ducky….gag, eat, gag…drink, spit, drink…repeat. My almost sister Mary Ann will be here to get me through the first week of Chemo 2. And I have learned that getting an extra liter of IV liquid can make all the difference in my world so we may go in for a liter on Thurs or Fri.

I felt good enough Monday night to talk with Ken and Kirsten when they got home. Katy is ready to handle the air medical transport home on Wednesday. Kirsten is quite organized and got the car re-loaded, re-organized. Katy’s sister and bro-in-law are flying down to drive the car back early next week. It all happened so nicely with Kirsten in charge. This morning Evan picked up Kirsten at the hospital at  and took her to the airport. It was so nice to have her here.

Today I felt so good that I went to see our newest baby in the family. Vicki and Jeff’s new baby boy is beautiful. And it was great to be with long time friends Bill and LaVerne and new baby. It was my first really alive day post chemo 1/1. Bring on the IV fluids!!!

Tonight I had dinner. Evan did steaks, baked potatoes and salad. Katherine needs to get her TX diet fix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment