Thursday, November 4, 2010

more pre-chemo "fun"

Today the echocardiogram went well enough that I got to leave right away so that’s a good sign. Then the bone scan was easy enough that I went to sleep before it was over. The tech showed me my knees. They don’t match. The left knee looks like a knee. The right knee looks like globs of play dough abused by a 2 yr old. Yikes. I didn’t know it was that bad. Another repair job to put on the calendar when I get bored traveling.

When I got home there was a beautiful flower arrangement on the porch! Thank you, Steve!

Even though this was a very easy day, relatively speaking [no surgery, no pain], I came home for a pain pill with an industrial strength nap chaser. The port incisions hurt even with the swelling down significantly. Domino spent the day at Doggie Day Care so he helped me nap. He was exhausted…having gotten to the Center late he was “fresh butt” for all the regular dogs and it takes hard dog work to get to the top of the pack.

I have been blessed with so many friends who have sent great cards, some encouraging and some funny. And some how the perfect card arrives on just the very day it is needed most. Thank you, card senders! This is a good time for me to say thanks to several people who have sent such considerate gifts. Janet J, you rock! The Cancer Awareness thermal mug will be perfect to take to chemo treatments as well as use to keep me hydrated between treatments. Kay A, how thoughtful of you to send a journal and encouragement from a survivor about using it. Extra bonus, the mug and the journal are color coordinated….I can be stylish for chemo!!! Mary Ann P, what a book…”Kickin’ Cancer’s Butt”…thank you. And there is no one who gives me more books than Katherine. Thank you, dear, for “Earth” and Hoda Kotb’s autobiography. Great fun reads while I was recovering from surgery. I’ve learned much from y’all. If/when I have a friend facing this cancer drill. I’m going to send a gift from this selection.

Tomorrow is the last pre-chemo procedure, a CT scan. That should be easy and I’ll be done by . Then off to the grocery store to stock up so Katy to cook up a storm over the weekend.

Stay turned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, Sorry you've been sidelined (cancer sucks) but I know your take-no-prisoners/take-no-bullsh*t attitude will be a huge boon in your favor throughout your treatment. We at Team Johnson are praying for you. In the meanwhile, thank God for color coordination and for daughters who promote your blog to their bloggy friends. :) xoxoxox, Lynn

    ReplyDelete