Sunday, November 7, 2010

the day before.........

Nov 7, 2010

It is the day before my 1st chemo “treatment” and I am nervous. I think that is normal. If it isn’t normal, so be it; I’m nervous anyway.

This power port seems like a good idea for dumping drugs into my veins. The logic is that having that one surgery [two cuts, one session] will let me avoid getting a vein punctured every time oncology staff wants to check something going in or taking blood out. I have tiny rolling veins so it takes 3 + tries to find a good vein almost each event. One stick sounds good. The placement of the port could be improved. I think it is setting on a bone. Let’s face facts….I’m “fluffy” virtually all over, no skinny parts. So why is this port setting on my collar bone and not in a fluffier spot??? I protest. Not enough to have it moved, mind you….I just protest.

Our friends Ken and Katy got to Dallas yesterday. We are not having fun yet. Katy is having aphasia problems probably secondary to a HIT clot or small stroke. So instead of coming to our house I directed them to Baylor Plano for the Heart Hospital and we met there. Katy just got out of a hospital in TN 2 weeks ago due to Heparin issues and was not ready to go back to any hospital so soon. Her “event” seems to have started Thursday [in hindsight] and got quite involved by Friday afternoon. She got super care in the Heart ER and was admitted for the night at the Baylor General Hospital across the parking lot from the Heart Hospital. Overnight the Hospitalist here talked to her doctors in TN and seemed to have a plan for treatment. I don’t know what it is yet. I can‘t go to visit her today because of my pending chemo [at the same hospital] and the risk of picking up some generic germ or virus. [I went to the Heart ER last night…bad arteries aren’t contagious.] Evan is at the hospital with Ken today. Ken will come back here tonight. We’ll just set up this house as a nursing home for the duration of the women’s illnesses and staffing will be done by well experienced [trained??] husbands. Domino will have his choice of two women just lying in beds waiting for his return. What a life!!! At least one body will be having fun!!!!

Well, I’m off to get my body prepared for tomorrow’s sacrifice procedures…proper cleansing and drugs to make it go easier. Keep those positive thoughts and prayers coming my way and please double up on prayers for Katy.

Ann  

1 comment:

  1. Prayers and hugs will be sent all day tomorrow. Love you my "sis".

    ReplyDelete