Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chemo 1 day 6

Nov 14, 2010

Niece Martha came by yesterday with the best apple crisp EVER!! That child definitely got the baking gene!!! Sprouts had the best looking Granny Smith apples and Martha did them PROUD!! Thank you!

Where is my real life? This chemo life is not working for me!!! Last night was a nightmare of misery due to eating too much [hamburger/ff/shake] and paying a BIG price. Today I’m eating every 2 hrs just enough to not be hungry. So from here on it is a “kiddy meal” size serving and not much later than dinner time.

My planned life would have found me in the DC suburbs this week, enjoying my niece’s new apt and new job as a PHD researcher at NIH. I’ve moved so many times and have this unpacking and organizing a new house down to an art form. I really wanted to share that fun with Natalie. Once the house is found and boxes are dropped on the floor, it is time to find the stores for good food, find the hardware store for those wayward screws, and get the pictures on the walls. I love doing this kind of project!! Natalie is very talented so she will get by without me. Sorry, woman. As for learning to drive on the Beltway, well, I suggest venturing out there only on the weekends until you get fearless.

Tomorrow is a dr appointment day. I need definitions of “wet noodle” and “fatigue” and food plans and sore mouth. I need to know what the real baseline is. Does fatigue mean just generic tired or is it more like “can I make it to that chair over there?” What is it? And is this the top of the baseline or is this the bottom of the baseline?

Kirsten got here last night to discover that she is on a trundle bed in the sewing room. She is a good sport. We couldn’t get the bed to unfold and she and Ken accomplished upright. But it was unstable so she decided to sleep on it at floor level. What a good kid!!! Today Katy called and talked to me. She sounded strong and had good speech. We are just waiting for bp and INR to stabilize enough to transport her to TN. Kirsten is a big help to her parents. Ken needs to get back into his own space so he can relax even a little more.

My friend Julie O in Tucson is sending chocolate chip cookies next week. YEA! She is burning a sheet for our friend Robert. I always burned a sheet of cookies back in the day when the girls were home. And no self respecting kid would ever eat a burned cookie [“One more crispy and she would have given it to the dog!! I’m not eating that!] and neither would they eat a “scraped” cookie [“How did she decide between giving it to kids or the dog?”]  So I got the scraped cookies. I’m looking forward to just plain cookies!!

Where is our real life?? We should be ushering Ken and Katy off to AZ, planning our own departure for AZ in Dec. I guess we just declare this month a loss and move on. Ione, I will get the Entertainer’s material and clothing shipped out to you this week. Both Katy and I had a few things for the costume shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment