Sunday, November 28, 2010

NO HAIR DAY

Nov 28 2010

“We” did it……..the “royal” we [my sister and I] shaved my head today. MaryAnn documented the event with photos. It was a “have to” case, believe me. As I was leaving the recliner to head for the shower I noticed that my chair looked like a hairy dog. I wiped it with the lint brush from every direction. Yuck! Domino doesn’t shed. Pepper is a black lab so those curly brown and grey hairs can’t be blamed on her. I guessed I was the donor. I went in to the shower where clumps of hair clung to my hands and I tried to transfer the mess to the trash rather than the drain. YUCK! I dried off on a white towel and found it was full of hairs! I checked my pillow and it was full of hairs.

“That’s it, Hair! I’m telling my sister on you! If you can’t stay on my head, it is off with you!”  And that’s what I did. I called my sister for an emergency barber visit. She trimmed it from 1” to ½ “ and then down to 1/8” and then we quit. The stubble might hold the hats and wig on better. If it bothers me I can always use husband’s razor to shave it all off. Who knows, even the stubs might fall out at some point. If so, it won’t leave as much of a mess as the longer hair did.

“So what else is new?” you ask so kindly. This was another GOOD DAY with little nausea or grinding fatigue. Tomorrow is Chemo2 which starts at . It is scheduled to last 3 or 4 hours. For Chemo1 they infused each drug slowly to check for allergic reactions and I didn’t have any problems with any of the 3 drugs. Chemo2 may go faster. MaryAnn’s friend had good luck avoiding the horrible mouth sores by eating ice chips before and during the red drug so we are going to try that this round. I generally don’t like ice on/near my teeth but will suffer along with ice chips during infusion to avoid the possibility of days and nights of mouth sores agony.

Katherine left me some Scrubs DVDs to watch during drug infusion. This show is short and mindless. And I have the iPod with music and downloads. I might be able to focus on a book this round, but if I can’t focus very long I will have a magazine or two to read. There is wifi in the infusion clinic so I could participate in Cyber Monday Shopping and help the US economy. O, who knows how I will feel. I’ll take my blanket and may just sleep if I can.

MaryAnn made lasagna today and it will be our dinner tomorrow night and half will go in the freezer for another feast later. I love having a guest chef in my kitchen.

This was an expensive day for our household. The microwave died a sudden death. It was 10 years old. Truly, microwaves aren’t that expensive even though the new model will have to have its own new trim kit and installer. No, that isn’t the real expense. Here is the REAL expense: all of the appliances are the same age and when one appliance sees another appliance go to that great recycle in the sky it too wants on that bandwagon. Then another appliance wants to go and pretty soon they have ALL GONE TO RECYCLE. Now that IS expensive. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment