Thursday, January 27, 2011

What shall I do for a reward??

I can count the number of remaining chemo infusions on my 2 thumbs. Isn’t that wonderful!! I have had a few rough chemo cycles and some not quite so rough. I understand that radiation is a different challenge. The biggest side effect is fatigue which I’ve certainly had experience with during chemo. Maybe it will be easier to deal with the fatigue when I don’t have the nausea and gagging at the same time.

OK, so now it is time to begin the planning for a nice reward for completing cancer treatment. I’m not going to make a commitment until I get the “all clear” from the oncologist. However this is a big deal for me and I want to begin thinking about it now even before treatment is completed.

What do you suggest? I’ve thought about a new sewing machine. Or maybe a trip to Europe. We want to take that river boat cruise from Amsterdam to Basel in the Fall. We could stay a while with Katherine and meet again with her great friends there. Evan suggested I get some diamond earrings. Believe me, I’m good with any of the above.

Then I thought that you might have an even better idea. Maybe I’m thinking too traditional or narrow. Surprise me with some suggestions for a reward for completing chemo and radiation.

3 comments:

  1. I will have to think about this. Since chemo is only 6 weeks til it is done, I have a little bit of time!! I will even ask some others!! Diamond earrings is a good suggestion AND a trip to Bosel is also good or something you have never done before could also be interesting. I will be thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something little suggested by Harry is a total day at the spa for a total everything for a nice relaxing day. Maybe weekly would be nice!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's an idea. I've seen several quilting cruises to various ports of call. So how about this - take your new sewing machine, wear your new diamond earrings, and go on a quilting cruise. But in order to get ready for such a trip, it seems to me that you should do some short practice trips - say with some friends and/or family - that last 2 to 3 days. Then this fall, you and Evan can take your cruise from Amsterdam to Basel.

    ReplyDelete