Friday, January 14, 2011

Relief at last!!!

Not everything about having cancer and chemo is bad. Some good things have happened for me just really often. Some friends that I’d lost contact with have found me again. My two favorite executive assistants have sent cards and called. Friends from all over have called or sent notes. Friends stop by with treats. Friends send treats. Sometimes it is like getting surprise presents! That is fun!!

Today there was a break in the fatigue fog. We all slept in until this morning, all snuggled down under the down comforter. When I finally woke up enough to get up I felt like helping make pancakes for brunch. That was it for my accomplishments for the day; however the pancakes were really good!!

The fatigue is still hanging on but it doesn’t hurt like it did yesterday. I can’t describe how fatigue can equal pain, but it can. The bone pain has been just horrible this round and is still hurting. This time it has settled in the right tibia and just screams even if I’m not moving or standing. Tylenol is the approved drug for pain and it doesn’t touch this hurt. Pain patches help a little.

I’m hopeful that tomorrow will be even better than today. That has been the pattern in the past and I’m going to be optimistic. I don’t know what I will do if I feel good tomorrow….I’ll be here in the house for sure because the flu is rampant in the area and neighborhood. It is a good thing that I love my home because I’m really confined here for many more weeks. Maybe I can get some sewing projects started. Evan needs to get to the post office with the last 3 projects mailed out.

Stay tuned because we may be able to have some fun in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! Looking forward to hearing what you are able to accomplish---makes some pizelles!!

    ReplyDelete