Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ahh….such a good day!!!


Wouldn’t it be great to feel good every day and not even notice it???? I want to get back to a point where I EXPECT to feel good everyday and/or all day!!! Today I tried to enjoy every hour of this day because each one was pain free and gag free. I paced my activities so keep going without side effects cropping up.

We had a great visit with Katherine on Skype this morning. She is getting some snow in Basel this week. And it is those huge flakes the size of saucers that float down so beautifully. O, it just can’t get in more beautiful to watch these flakes splattering on the tree branches! I like being on the inside looking out at it. She has to trudge several blocks from the apartment to the tram to get to work. That isn’t always fun but is a fact of life in Europe. Most people don’t have personal cars. Cars are expensive and parking places are few and gas is about double what we pay here. She uses a “rent-a-car” service called Mobility Car on those rare times when she needs a vehicle. The reservation is done online; the car is located near a tram stop and is opened with her Mobility card. She can rent by the hour, day or week. This sure beats the cost of ownership.

It is high time that I start planning my next trip to Switzerland. For the last several years I’ve gone over to Europe at least twice. Generally we take a tour and begin or end with a trip to Basel. One year it was a river boat cruise from Prague to Paris. We flew to Zurich, took the train to Basel and stayed a few days. Then we flew EasyJet to Prague to meet up with the tour.  The tour ended in Paris and we took the (then) new fast train down to Basel. That was just one of many great trips! I want to set down and plan out a Fall trip to Europe. Evan has wanted to take a river cruise from Amsterdam down to Basel. I’m feeling good enough today to actually move forward on the plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment