Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A day that didn’t happen


There was an old commercial line that said “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t” and I don’t remember what the product was. Today I didn’t feel like a nut. Today I don’t think I felt. This was a wet noodle day of gigantic proportions. I didn’t want to get up or eat or nothing. But I did get up finally and managed to eat some cereal in the mid morning. Then I changed beds and went to the guest room so Domino could watch dog out the window while I snoozed to the TV’s drone. We emerged in the evening and I ate some tomato soup and a little casserole. It seemed like too much effort.

There is no sense in fighting a wet noodle day. I’ve learned to go with the flow and the flow is a slow drizzle. Tomorrow might be better or just a repeat. I know Domino is up to the challenge of sleeping one more day; however I’m more easily bored.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't---relates to Almond Joy!! Love that candy bar, but I love eating raw almonds better. Sorry about your very wet noodle day. Just try to keep eating and drinking water. I am hoping for a better day the next day!! At least it is warmer down there. It was in the single digits this am! Supposed to be a whopping 28 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete