Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, that didn’t work! Now what?


This is supposed to be the beginning of a “gooder” week than last week. So why did I spend part of last night doing the dry heaves? Therefore I spend part of this day sleeping off the agony of the night. Bummer. Good thing I have a dedicated Sleeper Helper to encourage me to nap.

The Dr visit was uneventful. He thought I looked “good.” I wonder if he remembers how old I am not? If I were a zillion years old I might look good for my age. At this point I certainly don’t look “good” compared to when I began chemo. My face is dry and flakey, my eyebrows and lashes are almost gone, my wrinkles are now ditches, my arms are truly bare and crinkled, I walk at a snail’s pace, I’m out of breathe before I get started….and he thinks I looks “good.?” That’s crap. Maybe being upright at the office visit translates to looking “good” in oncology lingo.

O, well, on a more positive plane, I didn’t need fluids or antibiotics as I have on the previous week 2 visits. The fatigue is not something Dr can mitigate with drugs and it will only get worse. Same with the bone pain….it will get worse before the end of the cycles. Thank goodness there are only 2 cycles left!!! So Domino and I can just plan on sleeping fitfully for 4 weeks during the next 2 cycles. Then we can move on to the major league fatigue campaign with the radiation.

So what happened that was truly good today? [1] My brother in law is home from the hospital and back into his recliner with his cat snuggled up on his lap. [2] I Skyped with Katherine and caught up on her activities. Skype is great for those of us with kids/grandkids who live far away. [3] The cleaning ladies did a great job. They left a tool in the living room so I put it on the porch for them to pick up. [4] At the same time as the cleaning lady’s pickup pulled up to the house the UPS truck stopped at the house. Domino was in DOGGIE HEAVEN with favorite people. [5] Even better news for Domino, the UPS box was 33#s of kibble.

So the day was not a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment