Saturday, January 8, 2011

There’s nothing like a day in the sewing room!!!


This day got off to a s-l-o-w start. Our 4 legged alarm system was up late last night waiting for Evan to get home from playing poker. Since Evan won some money back from his friends he needed to “chill out” after he got home. So Domino was late getting to bed and late getting us up. I let him out at into the very crispy cold air so he was happy to come back in and snuggle down into bed with us. 2 hours later we struggled out to find our coffee. I’ve learned to appreciate every hour of sleep I can get. I took sleep for granted before chemo; now I know it is a gift.

This is the end of week 3 post chemo and I’ve been enjoying it so much. Today I played in the sewing room for about 4 hours. I finished serging Katherine’s pillows and found great buttons to go on the front. Years ago, in the late 80’s in Hawaii, I went to a sewing factory closure sale and bought zillions of buttons of all kinds. I still have bins full of buttons left!!! Sometimes I wonder why I keep all that stuff. Today I found out why….who knows when I’ll need 6 large green buttons!!!  With that job finished I serged 2 pink baby blankets for our new Great Grand Daughter. I put her name on the corner. I have a pastel calico stuffed cat to send her also.

My next sewing project is going to be to make a quilted cover for my sewing machine. While I was digging around in the button bins I found sewing themed buttons and some sterling silver sewing trinkets to put on the front. If I make a cover for the new machine I really should make a cover for the machine I tote to classes; then the serger will be jealous if I don’t make it a cover. I treat all the toys equally.

REFRIGERATOR UPDATE: This ‘frig continued to have “bad breath” after a good scrubbing. I threatened it with a trip to the shredder at the dump if it didn’t LITERALLY clean up its breath with all the baking soda, ground coffee and stick ups we put in there. Little improvement was noted. So I measured it for the replacement and told it that Saturday would be my trip to Lowe’s for a new refrigerator and Sunday it would be on its way to the dump. IT WORKED…….this morning the old refrigerator does not stink!!! Tough love worked. Now I’m going to give “the talk” to my laptop…speed up or ELSE!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that!!! (the laptop) You are so funny. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing projects sound like such FUN! I laughed about the fridge. I finally gave up on my slow laptop and got myself a speedy new one. Yay! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete