Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Planning an ESCAPE….

Blog 54  


Shhhhh….I am planning an escape from the house. Don’t get me wrong; I love my house. I’ve just seen too much of it lately. I have a couple of lunch plans to make for these last few good days. Yes……I’m out of here!!! Husband and the dog will just have to get along alone for a while. I’m going out with some girl friends!!

Yesterday we went to Costco for a major grocery re-stocking. Today was spent fitting all that stuff into the pantry. What is the ratio between the volume of the stuff I put in the cart and the expansion that happens between Costco and home? I can’t get it right!! How come a cart load equals half a Jeep load but becomes double a panty load? 

Today I played in the sewing room. I’m making covers for my sewing machines and serger. I have an old “cutter” quilt that I used years ago to make a valance for the sewing room. Using some of the remaining quilt for covers should give a coordinated look to the room. I finished up a stack of fancy napkins that I started last year. It’s just one little project after another. Yes!!!

The cleaning crew came today. “O, how I love thee! Let me count the ways!” That’s a love song, I think. Maybe a poem. Whatever. I love seeing these women coming in and working their magic in record time. They are always so happy and upbeat. When I’m too sick or tired to get out of the front bedroom, they work around me so quietly I sometimes don’t know when they leave. When I’m up in the sewing room they are so encouraging. We don’t have a common language but we manage to communicate. Having the house clean makes other things more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment