Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life is back to "busy" and most of it is good.

I don't know what "normal" is any more. With the end of chemo I planned to restore stamina and reduce this awful fatigue. I've had limited success. While I can drive myself to radiation and physical therapy and even walk across the hospital parking garage rather than paying to valet park, I still am tired by the time I get home. A big part of the fatigue is because I have to get to the hospital earlier than I would like. I am NOT a morning person. However  I do like getting the hospital drill out of the way so I can do whatever the rest of the day.

A while back I speculated about what I should do to celebrate the end of chemo. One of the choices was to get a new Bernina 830 sewing machine. I think this option must have been predestined. At the end of chemo sessions, the 830 demonstration machine was put on sale at my local store plus the option of 0% financing for 36 months. So I bought it. What a machine!!!!!!!!!!! I had used one for an all day class at a Quilt Show in California a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the difference in feel and capabilities. The machine comes with 6 classes of instruction, each class is 3 hours long. I've started taking 830 classes and other technical sewing classes. Most of the time I can get the lesson to come through the chemo brain fog. I just need to practice, practice and practice.

Estate sales are flourishing this time of year so Joan and I are having some good, cheap fun. One of these weeks I'm going to be able to shop more than just one or two sales in any given day!!! You see, this activity is part of my therapy plan.......walk [from Jeep to sale site] then stay standing/walking through the entire house, stand in line to check out, walk to Jeep. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Now THAT is a therapy plan I can live by. And one can not have just one therapy plan ad nauseum. So for variety we will go to some warehouse sales where we will walk and stand. Hey, it IS a valid plan!!!

Last week Dylan and Carolyn were having some home improvement projects done at their house. It is so hard to take vacation from jobs to supervise the contract workers so Husband and I were able to alternate days going over to be with the dogs and workers. It is nice to be retired so we can help out and it is great that I was able take myself over there. Finally I can be useful again.

Today we went to see Mother at the Alzheimer's unit in Grace Presbyterian Village. Domino was right back in his element........his public was so happy to see him. Mother knew me as a daughter but I didn't have a name. Husband and Domino had names. She always appreciates having company whom ever they are, those with names and those who are nameless.

That's about it for now. I'm back to being busy and it feels GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment