Monday, March 7, 2011

Chemo 6 is on the wane!!

Finally there is a bit of sunshine in my day!! Yesterday I slept almost the entire day and each nap was better than the last one. Now that is a good day! Today I haven't been sick all day and actually went to 3 doctor appointments without falling over. So I'm calling this 2 good days in a row and declaring this the beginning of recovery from chemo 6 infusion.

I met with the oncologist today and got a good report. My blood values are excellent and I survived the most potent chemo protocol allowed for grade 3 breast cancer.  So now it is on to the radiation protocol and then I can know that I've done the best treatment available at this time. 

The lymphedema is going down in size with the wraps and massages but I'm not ready for the sleeve yet.  The wraps will work better and faster so I'll just deal with it for the next couple of weeks.

Radiation treatment is in the same suite as the oncology clinic so I finished up my appointment day there. This was the first scan marking meeting so the radiologist and technicians defined the radiation parameters and marked the stop spots on my body. At the next appointment they will test for exact placements and set the machine for all the future radiations. Man, it was COLD in there and that was even before I stretched out on the metal platform.  Thank goodness my appointments will take only 10 minutes. Any longer and I'd be a Popsicle!!

So now I'm feeling good enough to begin focusing on building back some strength. This time I can know that I'm not just trying to get well enough to be hit by the chemo freight train again.  The beginning starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment