Sunday, February 27, 2011

In the tank............maybe for the last time!!!

Wham!! I've been slammed hard this time. I can't get past the nausea and gastric issues. The fatigue is overwhelming. I'm just barely able to go from chair to bed.

Today we tried to do the lymphedema wrap ourselves for the first time. That was tricky!! The wrap has to be really light tension on the various wraps then there is a sleeve that goes over it all. The first time we got it too tight. Now it is just a pleasant squeeze that should move the fluid up the arm and over to the trunk and then out.

My friend Marilyn brought a great dinner for us on Thurs night and we had plenty of leftovers to get us through the weekend. What a good friend! How nice to not have to plan menus.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel but I have too look through a heavy fog to see the light. I'm discouraged to be so sick at this point; but at least I can see the end. I don't want to be so darn tired. I want to be able to get up and do what ever it is that my mind wants to do. Really.......just let me get up and do something!!!

I have 3 lymphedema treatments next week. Hopefully I can get to the point where I just have a sleeve on my arm and not a full blown wrap. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment