Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chemo 6 is ON BOARD

Today was the day for celebration of the end of chemo infusions. I have no words to express the amount of relief I feel. I knew I was ready, anxious, scared....and more. However, I wasn't prepared just a total wipeout from the finality of the stress of it all. I'm am really numb from relief. So it is early to bed tonight to just crash.

The lymphedema wrap is working and causing the 2 liters of fluid to drain. The wrap was really tight at first and then by this morning I could move my wrist, elbow and the arm pit didn't hurt. I designed a plan to keep the arm up on a stack of pillows with the fluids set to flow downward to the arm pit when they would drain into the trunk and get excreted by the kidneys. I was up and down all night to the bathroom. My sleeper helper was NOT impressed. Neither was I. The goal is to get the fluid drained down enough to eliminate the need for the ace bandage wraps and just use the compression sleeve. With the wrap going around the palm of my hand I have limited movement of my fingers. Probably I could sew by now but I'm too tired. Will check that out later.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers flowing. I'm starting into recovery mode now and would appreciate a good tailwind.

1 comment:

  1. Yea rah!! Chemo done with and now for the upswing. We are getting snow again--nice big fluffy wet flakes. Pretty but sloppy. Hope you have more good days than bad. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete