Monday, February 21, 2011

Last chemo delayed due to scheduling snafu

Somehow either I or the scheduler at the clinic screwed up my infusion schedule for today. We had the Dr visit coordinated but I didn't have a separate time in my calendar for infusion to start at 10:45. So I had to reschedule chemo infusion for Weds and then the fluids and Neulasta for Thurs.

The Dr visit was productive. He did say that since I had a very aggressive treatment protocol they would not do a CT scan again. The original CT before chemo did not show any cancer in the lymph nodes or elsewhere. My labs today were back into the normal ranges. Dr says I can begin radiation 3 wks after the last chemo. And that is the same time I can end semi isolation and resume visits to my Mother at the Alzheimer's facility.
 
I'm really bummed about not getting this last chemo today. Of course a 2 day delay is not a big deal in the grand scheme of life. That does NOT mean much to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment