Sunday, May 15, 2011

Relapse .... again.

O, I'm so glad we got to party 10 days ago because I've had a rough ride since then. No because of the party....no not that kind of not feeling good. First I noticed a sore throat that was "different" than ever before. Turns out it was thrush, a yeast infection. This is VERY common post chemo and radiation when the immune system is destroyed. So the meds are working to kill that problem but it can take 2 weeks or more. It doesn't appear to be resolving and I think it has moved on to my esophagus. I would describe the symptoms as feeling like my body is full of bubbles and my throat stays "almost" sore. I drink something cold all the time and that helps a little.

Along with the throat issue is an ear ache. The tube going from my ear down the side of my neck actually hurts. This is the same side as the radiation so I think there could be a link. I'll see what my PCP thinks and then may go to the radiologist who was an ENT in an earlier life.

I decided to go back to the PCP on Monday rather than go to the ER or Urgent Care today. I do not like ERs and Urgent Care places don't seem much better for complicated issues. Unfortunately I've become a complicated issue.

I'll try to post something tomorrow night to keep you current on what ever is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment