Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finally, a hint of response to meds; a peak at blue skies

Systemic yeast infections are slow to respond to meds. This is my 2nd week on low voltage meds from my PCP and 1st week on high voltage meds from the oncologist. Yesterday was the first day I was even remotely interested in planning for a trip in the Fall. Today I had a "system purge" and immediately felt better. Apparently is it better to "expel" yeast than wait for it to die from drugs; or maybe the drugs are designed to expel the yeast after a while. Either way, I feel better.

The next step is to eat enough to get some energy back. I've NEVER had any disease or condition the took away my appetite before. Even with chemo I wanted to eat periodically. Not with this yeast infection.

I'm trying to eat every few hours and eat protein. Thank goodness for whey protein powder to supplement because it stays down when nothing else will.

I felt good enough about the future to watch a webinar from Avalon Waterways about river cruises in Europe next year. We are still considering a cruise in the Fall, but I'm not optimistic at this point. I think maybe it is better to hang closer to home through the Fall and the head to Tucson when it gets cold here. I guess I'm just not feeling strong enough to get back on the retirement travel trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment