Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where can I move TODAY to get cool???

So let the heat win already!!! I give up!!! I'm not a fan of cold weather...well, I wasn't until this past month....and now I've decided I'm not a fan of hot weather. So I need to move where it is moderate weather all the time. Hawaii would work.... It does get hot there in August. So hot that the sand burns your feet and you wish you had air conditioning. And it does get cold in the winter...so you wish you had a fire place (as if we could have afforded wood!!! HA..)
North Texas is really HOT, even for Texans. And it is NOT A DRY HEAT. There is just enough humidity to choke off any breath you might dare to take!! O, how I dread the arrival of the electric bill... it will probably push close to the house payment.  Even knowing how big the bill will be DOES NOT mean that I want to turn up the thermostat from 78 degrees. That just isn't going to happen!!! Once I get hot I can't get cooled down without ice packs. This just isn't my year!!!

Being stuck in the house is not all bad. I did get the mending done and a few Christmas presents made. That is progress!! And staying indoors with my lymphedema arm bandaged is working ... the swelling is way down and the lymphedema arm is almost the same size as the right arm. If bandage wraps happen to shrink my bat-wings, I'll let you know!!!

Geneva is making progress too. She is walking tall, tail is straight up most of the time now, and she is beginning to demand what she wants. She is acting like a poodle. And she has claimed a corner of our bed as her spot for the night. Her life is good. She is clocking about 3 hours of lap time a day during the baseball games.

There are a couple of estates sales with potential coming up this weekend. What a dilemma. I don't like to get "up and out" early in the morning; however I like getting out in the heat even less. So I'll try to hit a sale and get home before 10 am. I scored big time on Craigslist this week. Sister's grandaughter is coming for 2 weeks and we needed somthing to entertain a 12 yr old. She can watch old people pet the cat only so long. Scrapbooking seemed like a good option. I found a listing for a huge suitcase full of NEW scrapbooking stuff plus a big tote bag of paper(s) and a carton of stickers/buttons/etc enhancements PLUS a sewing machine for $100. I had the Jeep full of stuff. How great is that!!!

Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment