Thursday, August 25, 2011

Arimidex and Effexor XL - to combine or not combine - that is the ???

I passed my blood tests!!!! YEA, YEA and more YEA. Otherwise I would be on even more meds. So I did report that the Arimidex is causing not just HOT FLASHES but more like MELT DOWNS complete with drips and blushes. I'm not a happy camper when I melt. Now the fact that it is 105+ outside on any given day is just a marginal problem. I only go out if absolutely necessary or if there is a good estate sale. Whatever....... the problem is the melt downs. I don't like dripping on my sewing projects or messing up a perfectly good outfit. Now let me say a "good" thing about oncologists: Oncologists are very skilled at finding a drug for the side effects of the first drug s/he gave me. So of course Dr. had a drug to counter- act the melt downs caused by the Arimidex. The offering is Effexor XL at 37.5 mgs. I filled the RX with fear and trepidations. When I got home I read up on Effexor XL and now I have more fear and trepidation.

Have you noticed how the TV ads for the latest and greatest drug offering has 10 seconds on how this drug will fix whatever and then 50 seconds of disclaimers and warnings that it could kill you? Well, so goes Effexor for hot flashes. It works HOWEVER it will cause weight gain and a few other horrors. Then when it comes time to get get off of Effexor..........well, that is worse than getting off heroin. I need both of these situations like I need another breast lump!!!!

So I'm just going to set here in a puddle of sweat for the next 4 1/2 years!!!!!!!!!!! That is the pits. O, maybe it will get better as the body gets adjusted to Arimidex. I'm the optimistic type!!! There is always the home remedy of cold packs. This is cheap and effective. And no side effects!!!

ChemoBrain Update: I may be getting a tad of acuity back. I took another Bernina digitizing class in CorelDraw 4 this week and managed to keep up with the class and re-create the embroidery when I got home!!!! Granted the instructor is excellent, but I think my brain was working better also.

Geneva Update: Definitely a poodle!!!! She has been to the groomer and looks great now. She is still pushing Domino around!!! Poor guy, she is more pushy than Gigi ever was! Her ears are still showing some infection so more drugs. She has gained a full pound but is not overweight. Maybe she is just shaping up from the last litter. Geneva is almost ready for obedience classes. I'm NOT going out until this heat wave clears so it will be a few weeks before she gets some formal training.

BUYER BEWARE NOTICE: I've had to replace my kitchen chairs after only 2-3 yrs. The problem is that the wood was not dried properly before the furniture was made....IN CHINA. The first break was easily repaired. The 2nd break isn't fixable. So I  found some nice OLDER leather chairs at an estate sale and will put the China chairs on Craigslist. I'm keeping the table only because it is covered with a glass top and not so easily abused. I think I'm staying with estate sale finds for future furniture.

That's it from the old folks home for tonight. The dogs are asleep and the Rangers are not winning. I think I'll just go to bed!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment