Sunday, August 14, 2011

Life is good in the slow lane. Kinesiology tape is working!!!

I'm all taped up on the left arm and the fluid accumulation is down considerably after 24 hours. And I did get a better night's sleep with less shoulder joint pain. I am definitely going to get more lessons on proper taping. The tape is more comfortable and not HOT like the ace bandages or the elastic sleeve. Katherine's friend Pat told me about the Oliver pillow which can prop up the arm more comfortably for sleeping. First, I'll have to learn to sleep on my back. Second, I'll have to learn to NOT snore beyond my room mateS tolerance level.

Joan and I went to the Quilt Show on Saturday and got really inspired to get back to our sewing rooms. We saw quilts that would take me YEARS to finish.,...maybe....maybe I would just QUIT and wonder what it might have looked like if I hadn't overshot my target!!!! I'm definitely sticking with small art quilts, kids size quilts, and maybe a few throws!!! If I EVER even think about starting a king size quilt I hope I have sense enough to fix a bourbon and/or take a nap until I get my senses back!!!

The stock market was crazy last week. I don't know if I'm solvent or illusioned. I do know that I will be more conservative in spending until there is some resolution to the insanity. And from what I observed at the quilt show my non-spending is definitely a "trend." I saw far more people with NO purchases than with purchases. And didn't see anyone carrying a huge stash. That is not normal for a quilt show where the vendors have the latest and greatest fabrics and toys on display.

Dog update: Poor Domino.....we thought we got him a buddy and playmate. What he got is a micro-supervisor. He gets no privacy and has to plan ahead to get the best toy, bone, window. Geneva is no longer the shy, quiet wall flower. She is Queen of the Backyard and has to be reminded that she now lives in the city so no more barking just to announce her presence in the yard. She doesn't have an OFF button yet. Does she ever look shaggy!!! 1 more week of ear medication then she can go to the groomer. I can hardly wait!!!!! Now that she is proud and happy, strutting around with tail straight up and wagging, she will look fantastic with a proper grooming.





No comments:

Post a Comment