Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Post chemo and post radiation and well at last

Having heard from several of you that I have neglected the blog and need to get back to writing, here I am to update you on what is happening post treatment. The reason you have not heard from me is that I have been having just TOO MUCH FUN running around in the great outdoors, out of the house, and doing some shopping therapy!! YES, Joan and I have hit some estate sales and I've even done some retail therapy!!! Having been house-bound for 7 months I have some funds available for some therapy!!! There are a few advantages to being confined to quarters for  a while!!

Radiation effects are almost gone now at 2 months post treatment. I do have some burn scars that are healing and fading but that is minor. The radiation heat that is stored in the left shoulder has to be off-loaded and that takes time. I have only recently been able to sleep through the night without having to change beds to cool off. Sleeping through the night is a wonderful thing!!! Since chemo began I have been an insomniac and have listed to the BBC and NPR overnight. Thank goodness I have the satellite radio because if I get too much of NPR then I can switch to BBC. Sometimes the BBC sports is reporting on some Cricket tourney and that will put me to sleep INSTANTLY.....good grief, how is Cricket a spectator sport???? Just the scores are boring!!!! Anyhow, I can sleep now, but I haven't been able to give up NPR and US version of BBC to put me to sleep.

Joan and I have found some really nice estate sales over the Spring/Summer season. As cotton prices in the stores go up 20% or more it is nice to get a few things from someones stash or "resources" as my sister-in-law would say. I have been feeling well enough to get some sewing done and have taken some classes at the Bernina store. My chemo brain still struggles with the computer based embroidery software classes but I'm getting better. Corel4 is difficult for me since I don't work it every day. But I have the embroidery working nicely!!!!

OK, stay tuned.............I will make more effort to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment