Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dogs and Doctors...........what a life!!!

Husband LOST the new dog. It is 100+ on a HOT afternoon, I'm an hour away for an important meeting, and when FEDEX wanted an autograph Geneva ran out the door and down the street!!! She doesn't know her name yet, has never been on a walk in the neighborhood [still can't walk with corset or cord touching her] and she doesn't have a tag on yet. She is just plain GONE. Husband and lawn crew search and give up. Hours later I get home and Domino and I take out in the direction she was last seen. She was hiding in the scrub brush tree line behind OUR house....in the cedar stickers and POISON IVY. She was HOT and glad to see Domino and me, came right on in the yard. It took a long time to get the stickers off of her and then she had a nice bath. We all stretched out under the fans and enjoyed the air conditioning. Dogs, bah hum bug!!!!

This week is my week to get to the doctors I have ignored while doing chemo and radiation. So far so good. The dermatologist did a couple of freezes and one "slice and dice" but all is well. The eye doctor was nice enough to NOT change my glasses so there is a big savings. The dentist gave me a good report. The follow up visit to the oncologist was so-so. I' m having considerable bone pain and he ordered a bone scan just to be sure all is well. I would have preferred he say I was a wimp and "buck up" but that didn't happen.

It has just been too hot to be outside. So I don't go.  And it is too hot to cook in the house. So I don't. Thank goodness we have a grill or we would starve. If we could turn on the grill via remote control...wow...there is an invention idea for you. We hurry in/out to turn the stuff and that is dinner. Life is simple punctuated by hysteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment