Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Travel question

Have you checked air fares lately? Good grief!! The "fuel surcharge" along with all those nickel and dime [well, really, quarter and 1/2 dollar] zingers really add up to just plain TOO MUCH. We were hoping to go to Europe in the Fall, take a 1 week river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel Switzerland. Air fare right now is as much as the cruise!! That doesn't make sense.

So here is my travel question: have you or your friends taken the Panama Canal cruise? Departures are from California or Florida and return to the opposite site. For the air fare part of the trip I have airline miles to cover the domestic flights. The cruise is 2 weeks long and cost is 1/2 as much as the river cruise. Math is not my long suit but Panama sounds like a better deal at this point. What do you think?

Health report: radiation is easier than chemo for sure; however I'm already getting some burn and blisters with 3 weeks to go. Could have some problems down the road. Fatigue continues to slow me down but nothing a nap can't cure!

Today I redeemed a Groupon certificate for a photofacial at a Spa in Northpark shopping center. This was another treat for getting through chemo. I had purchased the certificate so long ago I'd forgotten what was going to happen so the service was like getting a present...again. I have 2 more sessions in the package. That should be enough to take care of the damage done by chemo drugs.

Here is how I know I am not totally "well" yet: I walked through Nordstrom's TWICE today and did not buy a thing!!! I was even in the shoe shop and didn't buy anything!!

1 comment:

  1. My sister in-law did the Panama Canal cruise and LOVED it. She had been all over the place, on lots of cruises, and this one really stood out for her.

    ReplyDelete